Go Back to toolsMedSchool Sign Up
CRB-65 is a modified version of the CURB-65 tool for assessing severity of community-acquired pneumonia, and determining whether the patient requires inpatient or outpatient treatment. CRB-65 removes BUN from the criteria, with no difference in predictability.
- 0: Low risk pneumonia (1% mortality)
- 1: Low risk pneumonia (3% mortality)
- 2: Moderate risk pneumonia (8% mortality)
- 3: Moderate / high risk pneumonia (20% mortality)
- 4 - 5: High risk pneumonia (30% mortality)