Autoimmune Liver Screen
- There are two types of autoimmune hepatitis, and their diagnosis relies partially on typical autoantibody patterns.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) are two other types of autoimmune liver disease that may be suggested by certain autoantibody patterns.
- Antinuclear antibodies (ANA)Type 1 autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, many rheumatic diseases
- Perinuclear antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (p-ANCA)Type 1 or 2 autoimmune hepatitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, IBD, ANCA vasculitis
- Anti-smooth muscle antibodies (anti-SMA)Type 1 autoimmune hepatitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, primary biliary cirrhosis
- Anti-mitochondrial antibodies (AMA)Primary biliary cirrhosis, type 1 autoimmune hepatitis
- Anti-soluble liver antigen / liver pancreas antibodies (anti-SLA/LP)Type 1 or 2 autoimmune hepatitis
- Anti-Liver-Kidney microsome 1 antibodies (anti-LKM1)Type 2 autoimmune hepatitis
- Anti-Liver-Kidney microsome 3 antibodies (anti-LKM3)Type 2 autoimmune hepatitis
- Anti-Liver Cytosol 1 Antibodies (anti-LC1)Type 2 autoimmune hepatitis