Ventricular Escape Rhythm
- Ventricular escape is an impulse generated by a ventricular focus when the conduction system fails, most commonly due to complete heart block.
- Bradycardia with ventricular rate <40bpm
- Wide QRS complexes (120ms)
- Regular non-conducted P waves (complete heart block) or no P waves (sinus arrest)
- Ventricular escape beats can also occur after a long pause (sinus arrest) if atrial or junctional escape is not triggered.
- Ventricular escape in the setting of sinus arrest:
- Ventricular escape in the setting of complete AV block: