- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits cell proliferation by preventing polymerization of tubulin into microtubules.
- Certain solid organ and haematologic malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Neurotoxicity – numbness / paraesthesia / weakness
- Leukopaenia / anaemia / thrombocytopaenia
- Nausea / vomiting / constipation / paralytic ileus
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge