- IV infusion / SubcutTrastuzumabHerceptinInhibits ligand-independent HER signalling
Mechanism of Action
- A monoclonal antibody directed against the HER2 receptor, which is involved in cell signalling and is overexpressed in certain cancers. Inhibition of HER2 signalling pathways results in cell cycle arrest; the monoclonal antibody also mediates antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity.
- HER2 positive breast cancer
- HER2 positive advanced gastric cancer
- Left ventricular dysfunction, as evidenced by an LVEF <45%, or symptomatic heart failure.
- Adverse Effects
- Cardiac dysfunction
- Bone marrow suppression â€“ leucopaenia, anaemia, thrombocytopaenia
- Immunosuppression (susceptibility to infection)
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
- Dyspnoea / wheeze
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Arthralgias / myalgias
- Weight loss