Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Blocks lysine binding sites on plasminogen, preventing its conversion to plasmin and thus preventing fibrinolysis.
- Reduction in blood loss post total hip / knee arthroplasty
- History of / high risk of / active thrombosis
- Subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Change in colour vision
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge