- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits voltage-gated sodium channels and enhances GABA-mediated inhibition, resulting in suppression of seizure activity.
- Second-line therapy for partial (focal) seizures
- Migraine prophylaxis
- Adverse Effects
- CNS disturbances – drowsiness, dizziness / ataxia, diplopia, tremor, cognitive slowing
- Nausea / vomiting
- Weight loss
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge