Inhibits JAK1, JAK2 and JAK3
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits Janus Kinases (JAK1, JAK2 and JAK3), a group of non-receptor tyrosine kinases involved in signalling downstream to cytokine receptors in immune and haematopoietic cells.
- Moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis refractory to methotrexate.
- Adverse Effects
- Severe infections (particularly respiratory and urinary tract infections)
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Abdominal pain
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge