IV / Subcut
- Mechanism of Action
- A humanised monoclonal antibody that binds to and inhibits IL-6 receptors, resulting in reduced IL-6 binding and a reduction in acute inflammation.
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Giant cell arteritis
- Severe juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Adverse Effects
- Injection site reactions
- Infections (particularly upper respiratory tract infections)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge