Long-acting – best for COPD maintenance
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits muscarinic (M3) receptors, leading to bronchial smooth muscle relaxation and bronchodilation through reduction in acetylcholine-mediated vagal tone.
- Acute asthma (ipratropium)
- Acute exacerbations of COPD (ipratropium)
- Maintenance therapy for COPD (tiotropium)
- Adverse Effects
- Dry mouth
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge