- OralTicagrelorBrilintaDirectly inhibits P2Y12 receptors, and does not require enzymatic activation.
Mechanism of Action
- Irreversibly inhibits the binding of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to platelet P2Y₁₂ receptors, resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.
- Directly inhibits P2Y12 receptors, and does not require enzymatic activation.
- Acute coronary syndrome (in conjunction with aspirin)
- Prevention of in-stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention
- Active bleeding
- Intracranial haemorrhage