Directly inhibits P2Y12 receptors, and does not require enzymatic activation.
- Mechanism of Action
- Irreversibly inhibits the binding of adenosine diphosphate (ADP) to platelet P2Y₁₂ receptors, resulting in reduced platelet activation and aggregation.
- Directly inhibits P2Y12 receptors, and does not require enzymatic activation.
- Acute coronary syndrome (in conjunction with aspirin)
- Prevention of in-stent thrombosis following percutaneous coronary intervention
- Active bleeding
- Intracranial haemorrhage
- Adverse Effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge