Adjust every 6-8 weeks according to TSH
- Mechanism of Action
- Synthetic T4 is converted to T3 that binds to nuclear thyroid hormone receptors, inducing alterations in gene transcription and subsequent effects on metabolism.
- TSH-responsive thyroid tumours
- Myxoedema coma
- Adverse Effects
- Thyrotoxicosis – palpitations, tachycardia, tachypnoea, fever, anxiety, headache, poor concentration
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge