- Mechanism of Action
- Synthetic parathyroid hormone (PTH). Continuous PTH administration primarily stimulates osteoclast differentiation, while intermittent PTH administration (daily teriparatide) primarily stimulates osteoblast differentiation.
- Severe post-menopausal osteoporosis or osteoporosis in males, that is refractory to other medications.
- Paget’s disease of bone
- Renal disease
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea / constipation
- Osteosarcoma (in rats)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge