- Mechanism of Action
- Competitively inhibits the action of angiotensin II at AT1 receptors.
- Hypertension – first line management, especially in patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Severe renal impairment
- Severe hepatic impairment
- Patients on direct renin inhibitors (aliskiren)
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Upper respiratory tract infection
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge