- Mechanism of Action
- Antagonises oestrogen receptors in breast tissue and agonises oestrogen receptors in endometrial tissue and bone.
- Endocrine therapy for ER positive breast cancer.
- Adverse Effects
- Hot flushes
- Vaginal bleeding
- Nausea / vomiting
- Fluid retention
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Endometrial cancer
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge