- Mechanism of Action
- Binds to and inhibits potassium channels responsible for repolarisation in phase 3 of the cardiomyocyte action potential, thus increasing the absolute refractory period (ARP).
- Acute management of ventricular tachycardia
- Severe refractory tachyarrhythmias - Wolff-Parkinson-White / supraventricular tachycardia, atrial fibrillation / flutter
- Adverse Effects
- Elevated LFTs
- Torsade de pointes
- Hypo / Hyperthyroidism
- Extrapyramidal effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge