Oral / Rectal
- Mechanism of Action
- An osmotically active agent that draws water into the lumen of the gut.
- Bowel preparation prior to procedures such as colonoscopy (macrogol 3350)
- Hepatic encephalopathy (lactulose)
- Adverse Effects
- Flatulence / diarrhea
- Nausea / vomiting
- Electrolyte disturbances
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge