2-3 sachets the day prior to the procedure, in 3-4 hour intervals
- Mechanism of Action
- Promotes gastric motility by stimulating secretion of electrolytes and water into the gut.
- Treatment of severe constipation (sennosides)
- Bowel preparation prior to procedures such as colonoscopy (sodium picosulphate)
- Adverse Effects
- Abdominal cramps
- Hypokalaemia (with prolonged use)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge