Sodium Calcium Edetate
- Mechanism of Action
- A heavy metal chelator that binds to metals such as lead and arsenic, forming a stable compound that can be excreted.
- Arsenic poisoning (second line)
- Lead poisoning (second line)
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Elevated LFTs
- Zinc & copper deficiency
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge