MDI / Nebule
- Mechanism of Action
- Directly binds to airway β2 adrenoceptors, stimulating smooth muscle relaxation and bronchodilation through induction of cAMP with resulting phosphorylation of muscle regulatory proteins and modification of cellular calcium concentration.
- Acute exacerbations of asthma
- Symptomatic relief of asthma
- Acute exacerbations of COPD
- Management of premature labour between 24 - 33 weeks gestation
- Adverse Effects
- Hypokalaemia / hypomagnesaemia
- Ketoacidosis (diabetics)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge