- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits HMG-CoA reductase, which acts as a catalyst in the production of cholesterol.
- Elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL)
- Secondary prevention of coronary artery / cerebrovascular / peripheral vascular disease / diabetes
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea / flatulence
- Elevated LFTs
- Myalgia / arthralgia / rhabdomyolysis
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge