- Mechanism of Action
- Activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR), a nuclear receptor that regulates transcription of certain genes involved in glucose and lipid metabolism.
- Glycaemic control for severe type II diabetes.
- Heart failure (past or present)
- Adverse Effects
- Fluid overload
- Weight gain
- Increased risk of bladder cancer
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge