Onset 2 minutes
Duration 30 minutes
- Mechanism of Action
- Competitively inhibits the action of acetylcholine on postsynaptic nicotinic receptors, preventing acetylcholine-mediated muscle contraction.
- Relaxation of skeletal muscle for anaesthesia during surgery
- Relaxation of skeletal muscle to facilitate mechanical ventilation in ICU patients
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity reactions – flushing, rash, bronchospasm, anaphylaxis
- Transient hypotension
- Tachycardia / bradycardia
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge