- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibit the ion channel function of M2 proteins on the viral membrane, preventing uncoating and disassembly of the virus once it enters cells.
- Active against influenza A; no activity against influenza B.
- Influenza A prophylaxis.
- Adverse Effects
- Neuropsychiatric - dizziness, lethargy, ataxia, agitation, insomnia
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Dry mouth
- Nausea / vomiting
- Livedo reticularis
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge