Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibit bacterial RNA polymerase, resulting in disruption of DNA transcription.
- Active against gram positive bacteria and Mycobacterium species.
- Mycobacteria - tuberculosis, Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC), leprosy
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Adverse Effects
- Orange discolouration of bodily fluids
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge