- Mechanism of Action
- Selectively inhibits cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) 4 and 6, which act downstream of multiple mitogenic signalling pathways to stimulate cell proliferation.
- HER2 negative, ER / PR positive advanced or metastatic breast cancer in men or postmenopausal women (in combination with an aromatase inhibitor).
- Adverse Effects
- Neutropaenia (~75% of cases)
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- LFT derangement
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge