Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Competitively inhibits action of histamine on parietal cell H2 receptors, directly resulting in suppression of acid secretion.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD)
- Peptic ulcer disease (PUD)
- Scleroderma oesophagitis
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (gastrinoma)
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge