- Mechanism of Action
- A selective oestrogen receptor modulator (SERM) that agonises oestrogen receptors in bone and antagonises oestrogen receptors in the breast and uterus. Prevents bone resorption and thus presents bone loss.
- Post-menopausal osteoporosis.
- Past DVT / PE.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Hot flushes
- Arthralgia / myalgia
- DVT / PE
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge