- Mechanism of Action
- Binds to and inactivates heparin.
- 1mg of protamine sulfate is expected to neutralize 100 units of heparin, though smaller doses should be given depending on time elapsed since heparin administration.
- Reversal of heparin-associated bleeding
- Reversal of heparin preoperatively or after renal dialysis
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge