Oral / IV
- Mechanism of Action
- Repletes the body’s stores of vitamin K, overcoming the effect of warfarin on its inhibition of the clotting cascade.
- Warfarin reversal - following bleed, due to high INR or before emergency surgery
- Haemorrhage due to hypoprothrombinaemia
- Vitamin K deficiency
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge