For patients with clinically significant antibodies – lack specific antigens
- One unit of pooled platelets is expected to increase the serum platelet count by 30-50.
- Non-bleeding: platelet count <10
- Major surgery: platelet count <50
- Ocular / neurosurgery: platelet count <100
- Defective platelet function
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge