- OralPerindopril ArginineCoversyl
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits the ACE-driven conversion of angiotensin I to angiotensin II.
- Causes vascular smooth muscle relaxation, reduced tubular sodium and water reabsorption, reduced aldosterone secretion, reduced ADH secretion and water retention, and increased bradykinin.
- Hypertension â€“ first line management, especially in patients with chronic kidney disease or heart failure
- Heart failure
- Post myocardial infarction
- Renal artery stenosis (precipitates renal failure)
- Adverse Effects
- Dry Cough (due to bradykinin)
- Renal impairment
- Electrolytes, urea and creatinine.