Inhibits the cell cycle at the G2-M phase junction
- Mechanism of Action
- Prevents cellular proliferation by binding to the beta unit of tubulin and inhibiting microtubule polymerization.
- Certain solid organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Bone marrow suppression - neutropaenia / anaemia / thrombocytopaenia
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhea
- Elevated LFTs
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge