May be used in patients with T790M mutations which would otherwise confer resistance to other generations of EGFR inhibitors
- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), a transmembrane amino acid receptor tyrosine kinase found in approximately 15% of non small cell lung cancers.
EGFR mutations affect downstream signalling pathways resulting in cell proliferation
Inhibition of these receptors disrupts this proliferation pathway.
- Advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with EGFR mutation
- Adverse Effects
- Acneiform rash
- Ocular changes
- Nail changes
- Interstitial lung disease
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge