- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits poly ADP ribose polymerase (PARP) enzymes that repair single strand DNA breaks, resulting in DNA double strand breaks.
In normal (BRCA wildtype) cells, these are repaired by homologous functional repair which requires functional BRCA genes.
In BRCA (1 / 2) gene mutations (germline or somatic), these breaks are not repaired which results in genomic instability and cell death.
- BRCA-mutated high grade serous ovarian, fallopian tube or primary peritoneal cancer that has responded to platinum-based themotherapy.
- Adverse Effects
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge