- Mechanism of Action
- Stimulates opening of ATP-dependant potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle, resulting in arterial dilatation and reduced afterload. Also has nitrate activity, resulting in venous dilatation and reduced preload.
- Stable angina pectoris.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge