- OralNebivololNebiletÎ²1 antagonism, as well as vasodilatation due to increased endothelial NO release
- Mechanism of Action
- Selectively and competitively inhibit the action of adrenaline and noradrenaline on Î²1, resulting in suppression of the sympathetic nervous system.
- Also stimulates release of nitric oxide (NO) from the endothelium, resulting in vasodilatation.
- Hypertension â€“ second-line therapy, especially indicated for patients with stable angina or post MI.Stable heart failure
- Decompensated heart failure
- AV block
- Adverse Effects
- Fatigue / headache
- Postural hypotension
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea