- Mechanism of Action
- Selectively agonises serotonin 5-HT1 receptors, mainly found in cerebral and dural blood vessels.
- Second-line therapy for acute migraine.
- Ischaemic heart disease, or high risk of IHD
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Adverse Effects
- Chest tightness
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge