- Mechanism of Action
- A competitive antagonist of μ, κ, and δ opioid receptors, reversing the action of exogenous opioids.
- Opioid overdose associated with sedation and/or respiratory depression
- In combination with oral oxycodone – to reduce GI side effects
- Adverse Effects
- Opioid withdrawal – nausea, vomiting, diaphoresis, tachycardia, tremor, seizure.
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge