- Mechanism of Action
- Provides cysteine for use in the synthesis of glutathione, which facilitates metabolism of the toxic paracetamol metabolite N-acetyl-p-benzoquinoneimine.
- Severe paracetamol / acetaminophen overdose.
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity – rash, oedema, bronchospasm, anaphylaxis
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge