IM / IV
Used to induce anaesthesia
- Mechanism of Action
- Positively modulates GABAA receptors (BZ1 and BZ2), augmenting the inhibitory effects of the GABA neurotransmitter.
- Acute anxiety
- Tranquilization – in the acute psychiatric settingSedation - for short surgical procedures or intensive care
- Status epilepticus
- Adverse Effects
- Muscle weakness
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge