For severe infections suspected to be resistant to other antibiotics
- Mechanism of Action
- A beta lactam antibiotic that inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis.
Broken down by beta lactamase enzymes produced by some bacteria.
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia
- Complicated UTI
- Intra-abdominal infections (peritonitis)
- Complicated skin/bone/soft tissue infections
- Febrile neutropaenia
- Bacterial endocarditis
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge