- Mechanism of Action
- Believed to inhibit haem polymerisation, resulting in a buildup of toxic haem molecules into non-toxic haemozoin within the food vacuole of plasmodia.
- Acute Plasmodium falciparum infection
- History of seizures, psychosis or cardiac conduction disorders.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Nightmares / depression / psychosis
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge