- Mechanism of Action
- Modulates neurotransmission through complex effects on signal transduction mechanisms including glycogen synthase kinase-3β, cyclic AMP-dependant kinase and protein kinase C.
- Acute mania
- Maintenance (prophylaxis) of bipolar disorder
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting / diarrhoea
- Tremor / muscle weakness
- Polyuria / thirst
- Memory difficulty
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge