- Mechanism of Action
- Directly agonises GLP-1 receptors, resulting in glucose-dependant insulin secretion.
- Stimulates insulin secretion in hyperglycaemia, and Inhibits glucagon secretion in hyperglucagonaemia.
- Also results in delayed gastric emptying, appetite suppression and weight loss.
- Glycaemic control for type II diabetesGlycaemic control for type II diabetics
- Adjunctive therapy for weight loss
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge