- Local / RegionalLignocaineXylocaine
Mechanism of Action
- Binds to and inhibits neuronal voltage-gated sodium channels, suppressing neuronal depolarization and preventing axonal propagation of action potentials.
- Procedural anaesthesia - local anaesthesia, nerve block or epidural block
- Analgesia - local anaesthesia or epidural block
- Adverse Effects
- Hypersensitivity reactions - rash, oedema, anaphylaxis
- Inadvertent IV administration - agitation, drowsiness, bradycardia, hypotension, ventricular arrhythmia, hyperkalaemia, hypoxia