Leuprorelin / Leuprorelide
- Mechanism of Action
- An analogue of gonadotropin-releasing hormone that suppresses release of FSH and LH , resulting in chemical castration.
- Androgen deprivation therapy for prostate cancer.
- Adverse Effects
- Hot flushes
- Mood changes
- Decreased libido / erectile dysfunction
- Gynaecomastia / breast tenderness
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge