Leucodepleted Red Cells
Filtered to remove almost all leucocytes
- Each unit (250mL) of packed red blood cells is expected to increase the serum haemoglobin by 10g/L and the haematocrit by 3%.
- Severe anaemia (Hb <70g/L)
- Severe symptomatic anaemia
- Acute blood loss >1.5L / 30% of blood volume
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge