Protaphane, Humulin NPH
- Mechanism of Action
- Insulin is an hormone normally produced by pancreatic beta cells that is responsible for regulation of glucose, fat and protein metabolism.
- Cloudy solution - prepare using 'rock ‘n roll' technique
- Onset 90 minutes
- Peak effect 4-12 hours
- Duration 24 hours
- Generally used as part of a combination insulin formulation.
- Adverse Effects
- Weight gain
- Hypersensitivity reactions
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge