- Mechanism of Action
- Inhibits the activity of topoisomerase I, which is normally responsible for repairing DNA damage resulting from torsional strain.
- Certain solid organ organ malignancies, as guided by cancer specialists and local guidelines.
- Adverse Effects
- Nausea / vomiting
- Cholinergic effects – lacrimation, sweating, diarrhoea
Want more info like this?
- Your electronic clinical medicine handbook
- Guides to help pass your exams
- Tools every medical student needs
- Quick diagrams to have the answers, fast
- Quizzes to test your knowledge